The Inner Labyrinth

The Inner Labyrinth
Inner Musings and Moments

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Saw Three Cats Yesterday.

Yesterday I saw three cats at my friend's house. Mysterious in their enigmatic way, they warmed my heart. They were the first cats I had seen since Malcolm's death. I touch and petted the orange fur cat who almost acknowledged me. Still, I was happy to be near a cat, cats again and to feel their prescense.
Memories of Malcolm come back. Memories of our really feisty cat Leo, the cat before Malcolm come back. And then I float back in time to when I lived on an island off the west coast of Ireland so long ago. Yes, there I had a sweet cat too whose name was Walnut. A companion to my dog Pumpkin....those memories will have their own story time too........

Cats, memories, moments. I am grateful to have been in the prescense of these cats yesterday.
Grateful for the cats in my life. Grateful to feel the possibility of looking ahead eventually to having another cat. Grateful for all these moments. Grateful to Malcolm. His affection remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment